ipod mini updates coming soon??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Right now on apple.ca they are offering a free ipod mini with a mac computer purchase. My hunch is they are clearing out stock to make room for a newer ipod mini most likely coming out at the end of summer. What do you guys think will be updated?? Just a colour screen?? Perhaps larger HD??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I would say nothing. They just updated iPods a week or two ago and they wouldn't release mini updates after the others, they would do them all at once to get maximum sales

I

iMe

I only see it as a marketing strategy. Its a great way for students to switch when you know your getting a free iPod. Plus, I dont see the iPod minis getting an upgrade unless we know that the iPod shuffles are getting one too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I wouldn't expect mini updates anytime soon... As trpnmonkey41 said they just updated the iPods... I don't know what they would upgrade without the Mini specs getting to close to the current iPod specs. I think we'll see them bump all the iPods to 30 or 40 before they make any adjustments to the iPod Mini. Unless they bump the prices down or something.... Just a guess though.

B

Badger

The 4gb model will be dropped, the 6gb model will become the entry-level model and have a price cut and there will be a mid-line mini (10 or 12 gb) intro'd to bridge the gap between the mini and the regular iPod. There may be higher capacity batteries as well but that won't be the main change. I wouldn't look for a colour display. There's little point to colour just for music and the mini is too small to be practical as a photo model.

M

Mac N00b

Hmm.... The guy at bestbuy said that there was a shortage of minis from Apple. I wonder if that has anything to do with anything

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.