Which MacBook should I buy?

Reaction score
I'm currently saving up for a MacBook. For those who didn't see my intro thread, here's my story:

I want to go into Apple software engineering as a career. Before I graduate high school, I want to get a MacBook so that I can have some programming experience so I don't go into college completely clueless. I basically grew up with PCs, so all I know about Macs is that I love them and I know how to basically use them.

I found a used/refurbished (re-conditioned) MacBook from mid-2007 on Mac of All Trades:
Click here

It comes with a 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, so I know it should not have problems running Snow Leopard.

My main question is just overall reliability. Does this look reliable or should I just wait until Christmas to buy a new one from the Apple Store?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Up to you, really. I would wait until Christmas to get a new machine.

The one that you listed will do what you want.

Requirements for Snow Leopard, here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.