Wireless goes away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
I have started noticing a problem on my fairly new MacBook Pro in that suddenly in the middle of surfing, the inbound stream just stops. This doesn't happen often, maybe once a week. I can look at my activity monitor, set to network, and the green receive trace is now missing, but I can see the red send trace as my browser starts asking where everybody went.

First I assumed that it was my home network - Hughesnet not being the most reliable broadband service - but I have had the exact thing happen at the local Internet cafe. Just now as a matter of fact.

Then I thought it might be Opera, which seems to be collecting a more than average set of bugs lately. But during the time that nothing is being received, Safari will not connect either.

There is nothing in the system logs that jumps out at me, but I have to say that I have not done an extensive search through all of them either.

Shades of Windows, rebooting fixes the problem.

Anybody see anything like this on their system?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to appropriate forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.