Pixma IP5000

Reaction score
I just picked up the IP 5000 printer today from CAnon, got it installed on my Windows PC just fine (set it up like this because my windows machine is stationary while I have my ibook roaming), anyways, I set it up on my windows machine, prints excellent no problems. Great picture. However on my ibook, I've installed the drivers and connected to the printer via my network. But if I select generic nothing prints. If I select one of the bjc print drivers it will print but it only prints in 4x6 mode. It will not print full screen. Also the quality is little crappy sometimes.

Anyone with this printer who's done the same thing I'm trying to do, or rather anyone with a pixma printer who's done this before.

OP
Dominion
Reaction score
I should add the latest version of Gimp-Print (5.0.0 Beta 2) doesn't support my printer, after installing the standalone drivers and plugging it in directly it works fine, but I don't want to do that.

H

Harryc

I have an IP3000 that I have connected to a print server. I selected BJC-7000 Gimp-print v5.0.0-beta2 drivers for it and set the output mode to 600x600 in options and it works ok. Canon is really bad at providing decent Linux and OS X drivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.