Album Art

Reaction score
I recently got my new Macbook, and I used my iPod to transfer the music over. Because my computer that originally had the files didn't send a lot of the album art over, I had to sit there for twenty minutes and keep hitting 'get art'. Now I'm trying to make that art show up on the iPod, and it's flat-out not working.

Should I wipe it, is there some setting I don't have marked properly, quoi? Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots Of G3s. So What.
Re:

I recently got my new Macbook, and I used my iPod to transfer the music over. Because my computer that originally had the files didn't send a lot of the album art over, I had to sit there for twenty minutes and keep hitting 'get art'. Now I'm trying to make that art show up on the iPod, and it's flat-out not working.

Should I wipe it, is there some setting I don't have marked properly, quoi? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Elegant Esthetic:

Here are a few tips.
Connect your ipod to your MacBook.
Open iTunes, which should open automatically...
uncheck items such as every song that is in your ipod.
Go to "Options" and uncheck "Display album artwork on your ipod."
And then reselect it.
Sync your ipod between each of these steps.

You may also need to update your ipod's firmware.

Hope This Helps.
Have A Good Day.

Reaction score
Hello Elegant Esthetic:

Here are a few tips.
Connect your ipod to your MacBook.
Open iTunes, which should open automatically...
uncheck items such as every song that is in your ipod.
Go to "Options" and uncheck "Display album artwork on your ipod."
And then reselect it.
Sync your ipod between each of these steps.

You may also need to update your ipod's firmware.

Hope This Helps.
Have A Good Day.

However,

If you own an iPod touch, you will need to restore it. There is no option for displaying artwork on your iPod touch.

A work around would be to uncheck all the songs, sync, then recheck them so that they resync on the iPod. If this doesn't work, restoring it might help you.

Generally, copying the old iTunes library folder from the PC to the Mac prevents this problem from happening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.