Restore back to this morning

Reaction score
Hey,

Something happened to my iMac when watching a video and then when I restarted my iMac my Firefox just wouldn't open.

To cut a long story short, I messed up my Firefox folder and now I have lost all my bookmarks and preferences.

So is there a way to go back to the previous day or to an earlier time today on my Operating System. Then I should have my folder back with all my bookmarks.

Thanks in advance.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Were you running Time Machine? If so you could restore from there. Reloading bookmarks from a clone would also work. Any idea what messed up the folder?

OP
Danaldinho
Reaction score
Were you running Time Machine? If so you could restore from there. Reloading bookmarks from a clone would also work. Any idea what messed up the folder?

Nope, I wasn't running Time Machine :(

Can you explain further about reloading bookmarks from a clone though?

And it was a video I downloaded what messed up my iMac. I restarted my iMac, and then my Firefox wouldn't work. So I got told to copy the firefox folder and make a new one, then copy my profile over. But I accidentally overwrote my old profile so that is why I need to restore or something.

I really need my old profile back, I had so many bookmarks and passwords saved :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.