Apple warranty on imported MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 256MB 9600M GT, 4GB DDR3 RAM
I'm looking at buying a 17" MacBook Pro off EBay UK it's brand new but it's imported. The only question I have is does anyone know can I get it repaired here in the UK under Apple's warranty should anything go wrong with it and can I take out Apple Care on it?

Thanks for any help it's much appreciated :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple's warranty is world wide. If you purchase a new machine here in the US for example, the warranty will be good in the UK. The same applies to the Apple care extended warranty.

A word of caution about buying a "new" machine from eBay... Do your homework before purchasing it. There are sellers on eBay who say something is new and is not. I would question anyone who claims to be selling a new MBP on eBay. You might save some money on the purchase up front only to find out later that it was a bad sale.

My advice: Go to your local Apple store in London and buy from them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.