Permission Problems

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm having a permission problem on my sequencer (Logic Pro). I deleted the administrator group and now I only have standard access to my computer. I created a root user so that I can do installs, but it's annoying having to use always the root account.

Does anyone know a way to fix it, please? It's urgent!

I appreciate it.

Best

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
What is your method of backup?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi.

I'm having a permission problem on my sequencer (Logic Pro). I deleted the administrator group and now I only have standard access to my computer. I created a root user so that I can do installs, but it's annoying having to use always the root account.

Does anyone know a way to fix it, please? It's urgent!

I appreciate it.

Best

Never never never never ever use the root account for routine tasks that can be done with a regular or admin account. All normal system safety and security measures are thrown completely out the door when logged into root. Only someone who knows… and I mean KNOWS… what they are doing should be in root.

First things first… what do you mean by deleting your admistrator group? Do you really mean you deleted an admin user account, or did you do something in root so that you can't even have an admin account now? If it's the latter, just plan on reinstalling OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.