Homework Calendar/Organizer Aplication

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just recently bought a MacBook Pro 13", which, along with the free iPod Touch that came with it, will be used for my college word processing/research needs. I'd really like to know if anyone has any suggestions for a decent (preferably free) program that can act as a homework calendar so that I can keep track of my assignments. I have nothing against using a physical booklet to do so, but I figured it would be nice to let my new technology fill that role as well. I know I could use Notes, or Calendar, but I prefer to keep my social calendar and appointments separate from my school life. Also, I have a subscription to Mobil Me, which I do like because it allows syncing info effortlessly between the two devices. Is there a program that has a doppelganger on the iPod, to allow syncing between the two using the Mobile Me Service like the calendar and address apps can?

I may be missing some fairly obvious tool that comes pre-bundled with these devices, but I figured I'd ask and see what members here could recommend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hey guys, I just recently bought a MacBook Pro 13", which, along with the free iPod Touch that came with it, will be used for my college word processing/research needs. I'd really like to know if anyone has any suggestions for a decent (preferably free) program that can act as a homework calendar so that I can keep track of my assignments. I have nothing against using a physical booklet to do so, but I figured it would be nice to let my new technology fill that role as well. I know I could use Notes, or Calendar, but I prefer to keep my social calendar and appointments separate from my school life. Also, I have a subscription to Mobil Me, which I do like because it allows syncing info effortlessly between the two devices. Is there a program that has a doppelganger on the iPod, to allow syncing between the two using the Mobile Me Service like the calendar and address apps can?

I may be missing some fairly obvious tool that comes pre-bundled with these devices, but I figured I'd ask and see what members here could recommend.

Jut use iCal. You can create a new calendar specific for homework (click the + sign at the bottom, give it a new name and a different color to make it stand out). If you don't want to see the homework while looking over your social stuff, just un-check it so its entries aren't visible. I use iCal for bill reminders, home events, work, and so on…. all in their own categories.

EDIT: BTW… iCal came with your Mac and will sync easily with your iPod through MobileMe. Hands down the best way to do it. You can even share calendars with others or publish them if need be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.