Cannot Hear My iPhone 4 Ring.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac
Tried a search and came up empty. I just can't hear my iPhone 4 ring 95% of the time. It's just not loud enough for me. All the setting are as high as they can go and I tried all the ringtones that came with the phone and I still cant hear the darn thing. Is there maybe some kind of an app or setting for the hearing impaired I can try? Do you know of a super loud ringtone? I'm missing like 90% of my calls because I can only hear the phone in a dead quiet room. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Have you taken it to the Apple Store to see if it might be a hardware issue my friend had
a 3g with a low volume problem and they exchanged it.

OP
rockworthy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac
Have you taken it to the Apple Store to see if it might be a hardware issue my friend had

Thanks, I guess I'll have to try that.

Reaction score

The "ALARM" ringtone that's on the standard list is
the loudest ringtone I've heard on any cellphone.

It reminds me of the old WWII submarine movies
where they sound an alarm and announce --

DIVE ! DIVE ! DIVE !!!

dxr

Reaction score

Apple will be happy to replace your iphone seeing as it is a hardware issue and im pretty positive that no iphone 4 owner is out of warranty yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 iMac 24" 2.66 GHz
Please keep us posted. I have the same issue; just can't hear the darn ringer on this thing.

Reaction score
I solved that problem by simply making my own ringtones outside of iTunes, horribly obnoxious death metal usually is very easy to ear. If that doesn't do it I'd say the Genius Bar is your best bet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
So you just can't hear ringtone? Did this problem happen in alarm setting? You can try setting the alarm clock to see if it would wake you up. If it will be in low volume, i guess there is something wrong with your hardware. Get you iPhone to exchange another new asap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
So you just can't hear ringtone? Did this problem happen in alarm setting? You can try setting the alarm clock to see if it would wake you up.

Great idea, but would hate to have THAT #$%hole boss, IF the alarm didnt wake me up lol
@ OP work with this, BUT set another alarm in the house just in case the iPhone doesnt wake you up :)

Cheers

Reaction score
i am unable to hear my iphone ring..i tried all ringtones and all tones are at high volume..but i am again unable to hear ring...i can't have any idea that why this happen ..can anyone suggest me

OP
rockworthy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac
They say nothing is wrong with my phone. I tend to believe them because I know three people with one and they all sound the same. It would be nice if they address this issue in the future for us hearing impaired or people that work in a noisy environment.

Reaction score
They say nothing is wrong with my phone. I tend to believe them because I know three people with one and they all sound the same. It would be nice if they address this issue in the future for us hearing impaired or people that work in a noisy environment.

I, too, have missed a few calls because i did not hear the ringer. Especially when driving and the phone is in my pocket. Some suggestions
1. first make sure vibrate-only switch is off, and make sure ringer volume is all the way up.
2. the speaker is at the bottom of the phone, so try and situate the phone so the bottom is facing you.
3. the speaker hole is very small, and if covered, can block most of the sound. make sure the hole is not covered.
4. i find a shirt pocket with the bottom of the phone facing up is my best bet to hear the ringer in the car.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.