Magsafe Charger

Reaction score
I've had my macbook for quite a while now & yesterday I noticed the charger and where it plugs into the Macbook it's burnt and there's a split in the wire. The Macbook is no longer under warranty & was wondering if they'll charge for a replacement?

phppfrhxham.jpg

That's the wire.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If it's no longer under warranty, then you should expect to pay for a replacement. Make sure you buy a genuine Apple MagSafe adapter for your machine. Imitation MagSafe adapters are less expensive but may not work right and could possibly cause damage.

OP
S
Reaction score
Whether your product is in or out-of-warranty, you can take your adapter to an Apple-Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store for evaluation and replacement if necessary. You may be eligible for a replacement adapter free of charge provided there are no signs of accidental damage.

I just found that on the apple site regarding the Magsafe charger, I don't see why I should have to pay if it's still not under warranty as you don't buy a laptop & expect the charger to set on fire!! Hope they don't try charge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.