MINI DVI to HDMI

Reaction score
Just got a mini dvi to hdmi adapter from my cable mart and the dvi is too big to fit my port on my macbook pro 15inch from last year. The pin is a D on the adapter and matches the utube video but the port is smaller. Ugh what now???
My display info is
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Quite simply, you've purchased the wrong adapter. There has not been a DVI port on a MBP since Oct. '08 and there has never been a mini-DVI port on any MBP.

Beginnig with the unibody models of the MBP in Oct. '08 through today, the MBP has a mini displayport.

No, mini-DVI and mini displayport are not the same thing.

If you would like a specific recommendation as to which adapter to get for your Mac and your TV, you will need to supply the info requested here:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/193239-connecting-your-mac-your-tv.html

And if you would, please post that info in that thread. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.