Help! Internet woes...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.3 Ghz, 4 gb RAM
I am about to describe a problem that has me totally baffled - maybe someone has an idea of what I need to do to fix it.

I have not been able to access Ford Truck Enthusiasts, 1948-2011 Ford F150, Super Duty & SUV owners community and information source. Covers F100, F-150, F250, Bronco, Ranger, Explorer, Expedition, Lighting, Escape and More since last week. When I try to load the page I get an error saying that the connection has reset or is busy. What is bizarre is that my wife's iBook can load the page over the same network that I cannot. I have cleared caches, dumped bookmarks, and just about anything else I can think of. What have I missed?

MacBook Pro 2.16 ghz, OS 10.4, Firefox 3.6.8

**This happens on both Firefox & Safari. I have not had problems with any other web-site, just Ford Truck Enthusiasts, 1948-2011 Ford F150, Super Duty & SUV owners community and information source. Covers F100, F-150, F250, Bronco, Ranger, Explorer, Expedition, Lighting, Escape and More.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
Weird indeed. All I can think of is to get a new (internal) IP address. ("renew dhcp lease")

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Try this
Open a terminal
cmd-space -> type in terminal and select the terminal application

In the terminal type
nslookup www.ford-trucks.com

The terminal should come back with an ip address - if not then your DNS may be broken.
Try that on both your wife's ibook and your machine. If they report back the same thing, then you've got other problems.

Also try typing this IP address into your browser - it is what was returned when I did an nslookup
http://67.201.17.125

Another thing you could try is google dns or open dns
Google Public DNS
OpenDNS | Internet Navigation And Security

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.3 Ghz, 4 gb RAM
Thanks for all your help. I'm not sure what I did, but this evening it loaded right up. Strike it up to internet voo doo I guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.