Moving Icons to Home page?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
All the new icons I've added to my iPad have gone to page 2. My Home Page still has the 9 original icons on it. I know how to move icons around on a page and into another page but can I move them from page 2 to the Home Page? Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
There is a handy document out that there that is filled with all sorts of useful information about your iPad that Apple has chosen not to include with your new iPad called the iPad User Guide. It is available as a free PDF download from the Apple website (in the support section), as a free iBook from the iBook Store (once you download the free iBook app) and an online version that can be accessed by the bookmark included in the Safari web browser app.

That being said, here's the snip from the iPad User Guide that will answer your question --

ipad24.jpg

You can also drag icons from page to page, btw.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know how to move icons that way, but can move them only to a page AHEAD, not to the Home Page, i.e., to the far left page. Is the Home Page meant to never have more than 9 icons at the top and 4 at the bottom? TIA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
You can put up to 20 apps on ANY page, including the home page. If you can't get it to work with the "wiggle method" on your iPad (and it does take some practice and patience to move icons from one page to another), you can always hook your iPad up to your computer, start iTunes, select your iPad, select the Apps tab and move them that way. Whenever you "mouse over" an app, you will see an X in the upper left corner which means you can drag it wherever you want.

itunes10.jpg

You can also move stuff off of the "static" row at the bottom of the screen and put any app (or apps) you want down there - up to 5.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
After you get it set up the way you want (and BTW you can even drag whole pages forward and back in your stack on the left hand column) don't forget to click on the "Apply" button. This will synch your iPad and apply the updates.

And you can actually put up to 6 Apps in the bottom row. That's how I have mine set up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
And you can actually put up to 6 Apps in the bottom row. That's how I have mine set up.
See, you learn something new every day! Thank you!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
You're welcome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.