Photo Resolution

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I just got my iPad (Hooray!) and have downloaded photos from my MacBook. The pics look great in thumbnail but when I tap them, they're pixilated so bad you can barely tell who or what is in the photo. Is there a way to increase their resolution? They were taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon Digital SLR (pictures from my daughter's wedding) and look great when I zoom the on the MacBook. Am I doing something wrong? Different settings, etc. TIA.

C

chas_m

How -- exactly -- did you "download" these photos from your MacBook?

It sounds to me like the iPad has only got the thumbnails, not the actual pictures.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pictures on the iPad

When I signed up for MobileMe, I synced the MacBook photos with the iPad.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Photos

Yes, I think I used iTunes, via MobileMe. But I could be wrong... I don't know what I'm doing (yet, if ever). Thanks.

Reaction score
I don't know anything about MobileMe, but when you sync photos via iTunes on your computer, it works perfectly. It sounds, as an above poster said, like what you put on the iPad was the thumbnails and not the actual photos. Can't really help you as I know nothing about MobileMe.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, they were just photos I had in a "Pic" folder.

C

chas_m

Ah, there we go.

I believe I'm correct in saying the iTunes requires the photos it syncs to be in iPhoto. So first you should drag the photos into iPhoto (it will make a copy) then delete your "originals" in the pictures folder.

Then, in iTunes, with the iPad hooked to it you will be able to adjust the settings to tell it which "events" or "albums" in iPhoto you want synced.

Reaction score
I have never used iPhoto in my life. My pictures synced perfectly fine from my regular pictures folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.