Cannot find my files in iPhoto, May quit iphoto

Reaction score
After 28 years, I switched from a PC to Mac. Its a great machine and for the most part I'm happy. Just takes time to get used to a few things.
I started using iPhoto and while I like it, I get frustrated trying to find my Photos to upload small J pegs to different sites.
I like to resize my photos and upload them to my Blog, my online Album, etc.
While I know how to export photos from iPhoto to my documents folder, I end up with dups of my photos all over the computer which takes up more space.
For this reason, I thinking of changing from iPhoto to some other DAM software. I would like to have a copy of the photo full size and right beside it have a Jpeg for the WEB

Does anyone know the best way to accomplish this?
Thanks
Glenn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
After you export and upload (or whatever) why not
Just throw out the resized derivatives? Takes 2 seconds to make another if you need one in the future.

OP
Reaction score
Find Photo files in iPhoto

I guess I could, but sometimes I want to upload 10 photos at a time. If I threw them out, I would need to make 10 new ones, each time. And the mail problem for me is I would have to find the resized photos in the Documents folder

Reaction score
You are trying to make this hard on yourself. There are several ways to do this. The easiest way till you learn more about iPhoto would be to make a folder just for the small photos, put it where ever you can find it easy. I keep a couple folders on my desktop just for working on photos. One is for all new photos right out of the camera, called (New Photos) and the other is for photos I'm working on outside of iPhoto, called (Working). You can select more that one photo at a time for Export, then Export as you have been doing to the New folder. When you select Export from iPhoto the dialog box will let you select a Small, Medium, Large, Full Size or Custom.

Another easy way is that when you have several photos selected in iPhoto drag them to the dock and drop on "Preview" that came on your mac. Preview will open up with all the photos in a sidebar, use "command A" to select all, then under Previews "Tools" menu select "Adjust Size" and resize anyway you want.

Screen shot 2010-08-23 at 2.39.37 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2010-08-23 at 2.44.43 PM.jpg

C

chas_m

For this reason, I thinking of changing from iPhoto to some other DAM software. I would like to have a copy of the photo full size and right beside it have a Jpeg for the WEB

Does anyone know the best way to accomplish this?
Thanks
Glenn

Yes. See my sig for more info about that.

But in the meantime, there are options to use iPhoto to accomplish this, it's a bit more work but it certainly can be done using methods similar to the ones described above.

I use a program called ResizeMe for this and a few other things (like quickly adding a watermark to uploaded photos) and it handles it well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.