Ipad and Imac

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should be able to sync your iPad through iTunes which should already be installed on your iMac. What exactly are you trying to sync?

Regards.

Reaction score
It syncs the same way iPods and iPhones do: pretty much automatically through iTunes. I don't have MobileMe but I think what it offers is mobile syncing, a la syncing through wifi or 3G when away from your computer.

Unless that's what you meant by "sync". The two systems sharing files wirelessly?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It's iPad and iMac. To sync the iPad to your iMac, pull out the cable that came with the iPad and plug it into both machines. It should auto open up iTunes. If not, open it and sync from there. It might help you to do a little reading first. You can check out the iPad manual here.

Reaction score
If you sync like this, does it mean all emails and photos will go onto both Imac and Ipad, notwithstanding which one they were put onto in the first place?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.