• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Favorite Superhero/hero from comic books or graphic novels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5GHz i5, 4GB RAM
Personal favorite is V from V for Vendetta.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD
Countless and countless comic babes... They may not be the real heros, but I'm a sucker for a nice comic gal...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I always liked The Pitt.

I'm reading The Walking Dead right now. It's about zombies, but there's not your typical super hero in those books.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Herbie the Fat Fury!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
I know this won't win me any friends, but I've always felt the be all end all is Superman.
Just something about the fact that he puts on a costume to be Clark Kent.

Reaction score
Batman would probaably be the first after Superman. Both old school and work together sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
iron man. coolest of them all. Plus he's just like batman, a super rich guy with a suit :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
V from V for Vendetta.

However, I am also quite fond of Wolverine, Spiderman, Cap, and Rorshach. Anything Alan Moor has had his hands in has rocked my socks, btw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig
Hey,
Any of you guys know where in the UK might stock some comic book/graphic novels.
I really like the idea of them. I used to love the TV shows and movies we've had over here, and I'd like to see where it all came from (if that makes sense?)
If I believe what I see in 'The Big Bang Theory', the US has 'comic book stores' - something that I've not come across in the UK, so I'm wondering if you have any ideas?
Cheers

OP
audiofader
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
V from V for Vendetta.

However, I am also quite fond of Wolverine, Spiderman, Cap, and Rorshach. Anything Alan Moor has had his hands in has rocked my socks, btw.

NICE! I'm a huge fan of the whole V for Vendetta story!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Hey,
Any of you guys know where in the UK might stock some comic book/graphic novels.
I really like the idea of them. I used to love the TV shows and movies we've had over here, and I'd like to see where it all came from (if that makes sense?)
If I believe what I see in 'The Big Bang Theory', the US has 'comic book stores' - something that I've not come across in the UK, so I'm wondering if you have any ideas?
Cheers

Check online.

Comixology also has an app that will let you purchase and read online.

Anywasy, I find the general DC & Marvel universe typically boring. Everything is pretty much predictable and after so long, it's like all the ideas are rehashes. If you want something different, check out some newer stuff from Top Cow, Image, etc... or other different things. Sandman is an older series that is phenomenal. In fact, Neil Gaiman went on to become a very good novelist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 crappy eMac, 1 broken eMac, 1 iPod Nano, 1 failing MacBook
Bah. Those are all pretty good, but nothing when compared to the greatest: The Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool. Such an awesome and hilarious "hero". But I've also become rather partial to the Flash as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Hey,
Cheers

We do have comic shops in the states. I know of half a dozen in the Houston area. Probably alot more that I don't know about...

If you want to just order some graphic novels, though, to catch up (rather than collect the first run comics), you can get them at most book stores and on amazon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I always liked The Pitt.

I'm reading The Walking Dead right now. It's about zombies, but there's not your typical super hero in those books.

Nice. How are you liking it ? Shameless plug ahoy! :

My buddy Jeff is the creator/writer/illustrator of One Live Beast Very talented gent.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Did He-Man ever make it into a comic book ???

He is my hero :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Wonder twins?

I know the Wonder Twins, from the 80's cartoons where all the superheroes hung out together at the League or Justice, won't make anyone's list, but it sure would be fun if they had some great backstory.

A favorite of mine from really early childhood was Aquaman. It must have been because I loved to swim, I loved the idea of communicating with animals, and I probably had the underoos.

I know this isn't as edgy or original as many other responses on this thread, but there you go ! :)

OP
audiofader
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Captain America is another favorite!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Daredevil
Ironman
Captain America
Sgt Fury and the Hollin Commandos
Luke Cage Hero for Hire
Avengers
Batman
Superman
SpiderMan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iTouch, iPod
Iron Man. <3 Robert Downey Jr.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.