Keyboard protector..

D

dross333

Is a keyboard protector a bad idea for ventilation purposes? I was going to get the iskin one and was curious if there was any downside as this would block any airflow through the keyboard, if at all.

Thanks
David

Reaction score
dross333 said:
Is a keyboard protector a bad idea for ventilation purposes? I was going to get the iskin one and was curious if there was any downside as this would block any airflow through the keyboard, if at all.

Thanks
David

Not at all works GREAT. It does't make a seal on the KB. But it does protect from spills :)

OP
S

swanny338

My friend has one on his 12", when I get my PB i am sooo getting one, it feels so great to type on

Reaction score
Reflow said:
Not at all works GREAT. It does't make a seal on the KB. But it does protect from spills
Which one do you have? I am thinking about purchasing one soon before I go back to college in August. However, I have seen so many posts on this topic and sooo many different brands of keyboard protectors I just don't know where to start looking. Please give some links of the best ones you have seen. Thanks.

Reaction score
TOYOTA said:
Which one do you have? I am thinking about purchasing one soon before I go back to college in August. However, I have seen so many posts on this topic and sooo many different brands of keyboard protectors I just don't know where to start looking. Please give some links of the best ones you have seen. Thanks.

I have the one from iskin. It fits GREAT on my PB 15". Now I have the PB w/o the backlight keyboard. So the iskin I have is blue and looks cool plus it quites down the typing noise. Other then that I'm pleased with it

www.iskin.com

Reaction score
Reflow said:
I have the one from iskin. It fits GREAT on my PB 15". Now I have the PB w/o the backlight keyboard. So the iskin I have is blue and looks cool plus it quites down the typing noise. Other then that I'm pleased with it

www.iskin.com
Thanks for the site, they look good. My only question is do you have to remove it every time you close the PB or can it always stay on even when the screen is closed down. I ask because the website mentions something about removing it before closing the screen to wash or something to that effect. Thanks again.

Reaction score
its washable. Dont know about the book ones though. just the other night I had a cold frosty and the glass was sweating big time it dripped on the keyboard , freaked me out! Forgot about iskin for a second lol I love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
TOYOTA said:
Thanks for the site, they look good. My only question is do you have to remove it every time you close the PB or can it always stay on even when the screen is closed down. I ask because the website mentions something about removing it before closing the screen to wash or something to that effect. Thanks again.

The iskin leaves permanent white smudge marks on the screen. They CANNOT be removed (tried everything). I've contacted the company numerous times about this problem, but they will not respond to me. Great customer service there. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

OP
D

DigitalN.

what about a screen protector? I'd rather not hear what I have heard about white marks on the screen happening with a keyboard protector.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.