Website on Godaddy cannot use photo album

Reaction score
I recently converted from PC to MAC and from Frontpage to IWEB, I'm enjoying IWEB; however I cannot do certain operations:

When I re-built the website I used the photo album feature and I liked it a lot; however when I published I got a publishing error message, I retried publishing 4 times and I surmised that the photo album theme page might have been the problem, so I deleted that page and it published without a hiccup.
Is this a known issue and is there a work-a-round?

Neil
In the Pacific NorthWET

EDIT: Is there such a thing as a host like godaddy but for MAC users and if so would that server be able to accept all of IWEB's abilities; and also would PC viewers be able to see the photo album page I'm interested in using?

C

chas_m

MobileMe and yes.

Greetings, fellow pacific northwesterner! We're not so wet on this side of the Olympics, really quite cool and dry in fact. :)

PS. A Mac is short for "Macintosh." It's not an acronym, thus it should not be capitalised.

To put it another way:
mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Ditto for iWeb. :)

Reaction score
iWeb publishing...

Lazydaze,

You should not have any trouble with the photo album features built into iWeb with the latest release (3.0.1), however there are a couple of features that are proprietary to the Apple MobileMe servers, which are the blog comments and the search feature. Being that your issue is neither of those, I would recommend trying the "republish entire site" option from the File drop down menu. There is a built in publishing cache designed to make updating your site more efficient- only changes are uploaded. If you are still having trouble give Godaddy a call for support.

To answer your question about Mac friendly hosts- They do exist. Check out Machighway.com. You can also search Mac friendly web hosting for a list of options.

Best of luck,
dotcom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.