Awesome Idea.... Does it exist?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I had this idea that It would be cool if I could put a second dock on my computer, simmular to how you can put a dock on my windows computer.. Is there a program for mac osx.4 where I can put a second dock on my machine to put things like folders and files in to keep them out of my main dock and off of my desktop.... If not is is possible to make? I don't know how to program but just curious if I should take it up to try to make this dock idea. Or if anybody here is interested in giving it a shot that would be cool too, lol.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I know there was an application that did that in jaguar/panther, but not sure for tiger. Have you searched either macupdate or versiontracker?

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I searched all mornign but did not find anything, maybe I will search again.

Edit: while I am searching do you know what it was called on the panther version, maybe they updated or it runs on tiger?

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok decdided to use google to search version tracker and I have found a number of these types of programs, but what I want is a program that will allow both docks to be active at a time, such as one dock on the left and one dock on the bottom. or possibly even 3... on of the left one on the right and the default one on the bottom... If you stumble upon a program that does this let me know while I continue my search... a couple hours now for this one simple program idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Sounds like a waste of real estate. Perhaps there are just more efficient means to your end.

Using Folders with alias in them is what I do. Most of the time the dock is hidden.

comment = 2¢

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my docks are hidden, but I like to keep my desktop clean or have easy access to folders if I have a program open, so i want 2 docks 1 on the side of the screen and one on the bottom, I want both to auto hide and I want to use it when I want and just leave it when I do not need it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.