Port Forward Issue with OSX 10.6.4

Reaction score
I've searched everywhere on this site for the answers to my port forwarding issue and can't find any help. Heres my situation:

I have an iMac with a Bell 2701HG-G Wireless modem/router. I have the modem set up to allow port 1412 to open with the iMac, but when I test it or try to run Shakespeer (p2p software), it does not see the port. Shakespeer is also set to receive the port - I am quite familiar with port forwarding and have had success with PC's - but this Mac is new and I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't work? What am I missing?

Is their some sort of firewall issue on the iMac end I need to clear up. I've used online port forward testers and they fail to see the open port even though the modem says it is open and active.

I hope someone out there can help me?

Reaction score
you must have an ipod if all macs are not on the same port the browser gets confused, you will need an ethernet cable.:Lips-Are-Sealed:
I've searched everywhere on this site for the answers to my port forwarding issue and can't find any help. Heres my situation:

I have an iMac with a Bell 2701HG-G Wireless modem/router. I have the modem set up to allow port 1412 to open with the iMac, but when I test it or try to run Shakespeer (p2p software), it does not see the port. Shakespeer is also set to receive the port - I am quite familiar with port forwarding and have had success with PC's - but this Mac is new and I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't work? What am I missing?

Is their some sort of firewall issue on the iMac end I need to clear up. I've used online port forward testers and they fail to see the open port even though the modem says it is open and active.

I hope someone out there can help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Check under system preferences -> security -> firewall and make sure your program is allowing incoming connections or the firewall is off.

There is a second firewall but that usually isn't enabled. noobproof and waterroof can configure it.
Comparison between WaterRoof and NoobProof

OP
K
Reaction score
I've tried hooking up direct with an ethernet cable and that didn't work either. I'm starting to wonder if it's a Bell Modem problem. Why would the Ipod interfere with the port forwarding process?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.