Input Sound on Mac OS X

Reaction score
I can not get any sound onto my mac os x. i tried recording videos and videochatting and nobody can hear me. i have to microphones attatched. How do i fix this problem of not being able to get sound onto the labtop. Please Help!!!!

Reaction score
What Apple computer are you running? MacBook? MacBook Pro? Older? Details dude.

Reaction score
Go to System Preferences, and then click on Sound. You should be able to customize the audio jack to receive sound or output it.

But- I need to know for your benefit what the hardware is; is it a MacBook or an iBook? I will take it that it is an iBook or PowerBook.

I'm not much of a genius on older Apple computers, however, assuming it has an all-in-one input/output jack (and not two separate jacks), I would think customizing the Sound options would help you regardless.

Moderator notice: this should be in Apple Hardware-Notebooks

OP
H
Reaction score
it is a macbook. and i have went to the sound preferences but there is really nothing there that will help me. it says internal microphone built in. i click that and when i go to test it out it gets no sound at all

Reaction score
it is a macbook. and i have went to the sound preferences but there is really nothing there that will help me. it says internal microphone built in. i click that and when i go to test it out it gets no sound at all

Adjust your input volume. If you did that, then I'm afraid that there's something internally going wrong.

Input is what you speak into via a third-party mic.

Output is what you listen to (speakers, headphones etc.)

To me it sounds like you're confusing the two.

On top of that, you do realize that a MacBook can support Snow Leopard because of the Intel processor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
Also check your settings in Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.