• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What did apple use to design and publish apple.com?

Reaction score
I can't help but be curious as to what apple uses to design, edit, and publish their website. Anyone know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
A text editor and some very smart people.

C

chas_m

Photoshop .... lots and lots of it! :)

The best photographers and copy editors money can buy.

Possibly Dreamweaver, and most definitely WebObjects.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Using dreamweaver and not iweb. Makes me laugh every time. I know Dreamweaver is the professional app and iweb is not really. But with all the Anti-photoshop sentiment at Apple you know it's just funny.

Reaction score
I was thinking iWeb, but Dreamweaver might be a closer call.

Or they're using TextEdit and a lot of pictures and knowledge.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Trust me, it wasn't iWeb. Not even close. But, more importantly, what does it matter?
Possibly Dreamweaver, and most definitely WebObjects.
Absolutely. There is definitely WO in there. According to the WO Wikipedia article, "With many early adopters having since switched to alternative technologies, Apple is now the biggest client for WebObjects, relying on it to power its online Apple Store, MobileMe online services, and the iTunes Store — WebObjects' highest-profile implementation to date."

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Umm my friend does freelance work for Apple. He uses Flash and Dreamweaver, so iWeb is a not it. He designed the Macbook and Macbookpro pages awhile back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Umm my friend does freelance work for Apple.

And I doubt Apple would have any freelance people working for them. I'm sure whoever designed/built the Apple website has a full time job with Apple and is some kind of html/Web Objects/java expert. And Apple would not want to let this person get away from them to another company.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
And I doubt Apple would have any freelance people working for them. I'm sure whoever designed/built the Apple website has a full time job with Apple and is some kind of html/Web Objects/java expert. And Apple would not want to let this person get away from them to another company.

You can believe that if you want. He is a really talented multimedia web designer, so yes it was a temporary job. Never said that he built the Apple website. He only designed the Apple computer pages...and this was back in 2008. Hence why I said it was a while back.

Oh, yeah, I totally believe that. :Mischievous:

He uses Flash and Dreamweaver, never said that he used flash to make a website for them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
A knowledge of HTML?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.