Should I return/replace my new Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
I have purchased a Macbook Pro 15" one week ago.

I have a few problems, please let me know if I should return it or not…

1) I've slightly dropped in once, on the floor, but it was in a bag-case which is very protective. It now makes a small noise at boot-up, as I checked. But do they all do it? I remember my old MBP does it, but do they always do it? I didn't cheek before the drop.

2) This doesn't bother me that much, but it had a few slight scratches on the cap, meaning the top plate with the  Apple logo. They are very small black scratches.

- Is it worth it returning it? Please be more detailed about 1 and 2.
- Am I able to completely return or replace it?
- Will they ask for a reason?
- Can I return it at any Apple Store, or in the exact one I bought the computer in?
- Can I only give them the computer, if I don't have the box with me?

This is important to me, please give me a few answers.
Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You "slightly" dropped it and now you want to return it? I can understand returning something if it's a manufacturing defect, but dropping it is your fault not Apple's. The noise you hear could be the hard drive or maybe something else. Returning it is up to you. Let your conscience be your guide. O:)

Regards.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Umm I only return stuff if it was damaged or malfunctioning out of the box. Like chscag said "Let your conscience be your guide."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.