Bootcamp XP Audio Drivers

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sorry if this has popped up before, but I've searched the web and currently haven't found any solutions besides 'buy snow leopard'. I currently have a macbook pro 15 inch, which I bought last year around August/September. The model is 5,4 if I remember correctly and I decided to install Boot Camp on it. Everything went off fine with the exception of the NVIDIA and the audio files.

The NVIDIA was fairly straightforward to fix. Download the NVIDIA file that matched the NVIDIA stated by my MAC from the website. It worked perfectly. The problem was the Audio file. The Intel High Definition Audio has no specifications as to what version exactly I need to download so I really can't get the driver out. All I know is my version is this: 0x10decb79.

I've been struggling with it for around a day already and as much as I like Macs, I don't really feel like spending over $200 to buy snow leopard when the drivers to my system should have been on my CD. Is there any way for me to find the exact Intel Sigmatel or Realtek drivers that I need for my system? Thanks for all your help.

Reaction score
Over $200? Where did that come from? Upgrading to Snow Leopard from Leopard is a $29.00 expense (assuming you have an Intel-based Mac) ... definitely worth it for the driver support alone, not to mention all the other improvements. Then you can also download and install the latest version of Boot Camp (3.1), which is a Windows executable. you didn't tell us what windows version you were using, but it's really a no-brainer.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Definitely install BootCamp 3.1 and see if that fixes your drivers issue.
If not, do a Windows Update from Internet Explorer. It will identify what driver updates you will only need just for Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.