Trouble Installing Mozilla's Firefox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
I am running OS-X 10.2.8, and I have downloaded the firefox browser from mozilla.org. However, when I click on the installation file, quicktime tries to open it and says that it is not a file that quicktime understands. So, I tried opening the file with Stuffit, and it says that I should use quicktime to open the file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Edit: I should mention that the downloaded file is name download.mozilla.org. I tried renaming it with a .bin extension, and that did nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
It sounds as if you're downloading the wrong file. Make sure you're selecting the one for OS X. Try this link: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

When you've downloaded the disk image and it opens, all you should have to do to install Firefox is drag the icon from the disk image to your Applications folder (or wherever you want it to go).

OP
timswim78
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
Padawan said:
It sounds as if you're downloading the wrong file. Make sure you're selecting the one for OS X. Try this link: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

When you've downloaded the disk image and it opens, all you should have to do to install Firefox is drag the icon from the disk image to your Applications folder (or wherever you want it to go).

Thanks for the input. I downloaded the file from Safari, and it worked just fine. For some reason, Internet Explorer was renaming the file when it downloaded it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
timswim78 said:
Thanks for the input. I downloaded the file from Safari, and it worked just fine. For some reason, Internet Explorer was renaming the file when it downloaded it.

LOL - it probably didn't want you trying to replace it. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.