Extending AP Extreme to AP express to show TV from ISP provider

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so here goes.

I have an ISP that delivers my internet service through fiber optic broadband. In this service is also a tv connection included. Now I have encountered two problems though.

My setup is a tv/cable modem from my ISP>AP extreme and AP express in extention hereof.

1) I loose more than 11GB on my connection (15GB) once it is set up wireless. How come? Is there a way of setting up the AP's, in a more steady connection than the standard setup in a manual mode? They are running the same channels etc. I did go through the standard solutions from apple but can't see the possible way to better the setup.

2) My ISP provides a tv signal through the modem either analog through antennacable or digital hd through ethernet. My idea was, instead of pulling ethernet cables through my rented home, I would rather run signal wirelessly to my AP express and pull the signal from the AP to the digital tv box provided with from my ISP. Though when I run the tv box setup, it wont connect to the loop. Is it possible that the AP Express cant run that kind of signal?

thanks for your help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
If you are saying that the TV system is designed to be run via ethernet, I would think that would be some sort of proprietary technology with unknown data transfer protocols and data rates. There is no guarantee that your AEBS can broadcast this signal, and the same holds true for the AE receiving it. I would suggest contacting the provider to inquire if they have knowledge of any equipment that has been able to broadcast & receive the signal via wireless properly.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like you're on a Verizon FIOS (fiber optic) system where both broadband and TV are simultaneously being transmitted. If that's true, what brairden stated about it being proprietary is spot on.

Post back to verify. I'm also on Verizon FIOS and have had to overcome several difficulties to get things running right.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.