Airport Extreme no DNS servers, router address...

Reaction score
Hello, I was trying to change my IP today and decided to leave my modem unplugged for an hour. I went back, re-plugged everything back into it's place when I noticed the flashing amber light on my Airport Extreme and tells me Problem: Internet Connection. I'm writing this message by connecting my ethernet directly from my modem into the computer opposed to into the router.

I attached screenshots and here they are as well if you prefer:

Imageshack - picture1mnx.png
Imageshack - picture2xy.png
Imageshack - picture3pb.png
Imageshack - picture4sg.png

Thanks for any feedback it's much appreciated I don't know what to do :(

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

Picture 4.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Get on to your new ISP and ask them for the Primary and Secondary DNS addresses and enter these manually by hitting the little '+' button on the DNS pane. They may also be able to guide you to their web site where you can set up remotely.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I found it out on my own, for those who are interested :
Okay, after many,many hours today ( my day off ) I managed to figure it out by researching about 50+ forums with similar problems, so have no fear we are not the only ones What did it for me was ( no idea if all steps are required )

1. Delete: Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration folder.
2. Unplug modem + Airport power cable.
3. Unplug ethernet cable from Airport router.
4. Restart Computer.
5. Re-plug modem's power cable and wait until all lights go on.
6. Re-plug the airport's power and then connect the two with ethernet cable.
7. At this point my light was green but I still had no access to internet, so I went to TCP/IP under the Manual Aiport\Internet tab and deleted the DNS server that was in it (10.0.1.1), switched to configure IPv4 to manual then back to DHCP and it fills in with whatever it should be ( my case was 64.xx... ).
8. Updated base station and I am now sending this message via wireless internet

Good luck and post if this works!

Airport Extreme Internet Connection ( No DNS ... ) - Mac Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.