Iphone Mail Question

Reaction score
Hey gus i really like the mail app on the iphone however i have a limited data plan and was wondering if there is any way i can get the mail app to prompt me before connecting when i open it.

Sometimes i just want to read an email in the inbox and dont need it checking for new emails :S

Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
In that case you can consider using some app which can give you push alerts whenever new mail arrives and instead of using mail app, use browser to check the mail. The mail app will by default download the mail whether you want to read it or not.

Reaction score
You can turn off the push feature and just check mail manually. That way it will not check for new mail unless/until you tell it to. Previously downloaded messages will be in the inbox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
You can turn off the push feature and just check mail manually. That way it will not check for new mail unless/until you tell it to.

...unless you use Yahoo! Mail -- in which case it CONSTANTLY checks, no matter WHAT you tell it to do. My wife and I both found this to be true on our phones, both before and after the latest update, after deleting/re-adding the settings, after shutting down, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.