Need Finder and Dock Apps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I really don't feel I have to explain anything extra than what title I have given this thread. But anyway, hello guys, this is my first time posting on this forum. Nice to see you guys on this virtual space for the first time (honestly speaking, I can see nothing about anyone here that their avatars and well, usernames).

I own an iMac loaded with Mac OS X Leopard (Version 10.5.1). Being a software developer, I was developing software that would change iMac experience completely; it was a software that would make the desktop appear in 3D, whether with polarized or cyan‐red 3D glasses.

Well, back onto the track. As I was working on this project, I suddenly realised what I had done — I had deleted my Dock and Finder!

Well guys, I'd like you to help me. Copy the Dock and Finder apps from the folder /System/Library/CoreServices. Please keep in mind that the Mac OS X version the Dock and Finder is being copied from must not be Snow Leopard (10.6.x). It can only be from Leopard (10.5.x), where x can be any update version, but remember, the closer the update version is nearer to 1 or 0 (10.5.1 and 10.5.0) respectively, the better.

And also please post a hyperlink to those two apps.

Thank you for your kind patience.

OP
S
Reaction score
Some more...

Yeah, and I forgot to mention that nothing will happen to your own computer. And if Mac OS X is unable to copy the Finder because it is running, atleast you can upload the dock by killing it via the Terminal or force quitting it, and then copying it.

I don't have a @mac.com email, so please upload it onto SkyDrive or any other file hosters.

Thanks again. Please try to make it quick since my machine is in a turmoil now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Please try to make it quick since my machine is in a turmoil now!

And i think your asking a lot, especially if you want people to be QUICK

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm really sorry for that, Sir. I am sorry for what I had said out of my exasperation and tension of losing my Dock and Finder.

If you're wondering how I'm accessing Mac Forums, I am in fact posting from my Windows 7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
All is good mate. Just might take a lil bit until someone that can help comes into the forum is all ...

Patience is a virtue :)

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
Can you try and give those files from your Mac, if possibe? If it's from Snow Leopard, it's okay. It might just work. I can edit the Cocoa code myself if required.

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Um, reinstall the OS from you disc(s).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
Um, reinstall the OS from you disc(s).

Ya beat me to it. I would think a software developer would have a copy of the OS they were operating under (and programming for) laying around.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Sushruth

I strongly suggest you refrain from asking users on this forum to upload items to you...

First, no one is probably going to do it, and, as has been suggested, use your install DVD Leopard set to reinstall whatever it is you accidentally wiped out.

This thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.