Scanning with snow leopard

Reaction score
I so much regret these happy times before upgrading some time ago to SL. Until then, scanning any document from my HP printer would result in a light pdf file, easy to store and share through email.

Now, any stupid B&W single page translates into a 3 Mb pdf file. Add a touch of colour and then you easily reach 15, 20, 25 Mb. Thus, if you want to email the resulting file, you have to go through the strenuous process of pdf optimizing (which actually looks more like downgrading) to come to an acceptable file size, not to mention that the preview application you need to use is far less user friendly than printers' interfaces.

I used to think that, maybe, this would be solved with a new generation of printers. Alas, I bought a brand new one (HP 8500) last week and it is just the same......

So, so much for the so-called flexibility, versatility and user friendly experience of Mac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Skirting around the rant..... What resolution and dpi are you scanning at?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Are you asking for help, or looking for a shoulder to cry on?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.