video conversion software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2 GHz, 2GB, 120GB, 10.6.4 / 15 " MacBookPro, 2.33 GHz, 2 GB, 200GB, 10.6.4
I know I'm a little old fashioned, and I don't like to right click on every file, I'm looking for a video conversion utility that will convert all the .mp4 files that I download to .mpg or .mov file formats. I don't want all of these files trying to upload to my ipod when I plug it in and I want to be able to do the one or two left clicks to open the file in QuickTime. I would also like to be able to join multiple files together into a single movie.

I have found several free programs that will convert the opposite way, but, no pay or free conversion utilities that will allow the direction I'm looking for.

I have searched the forum first, but, either my search was too limited, or this question hasn't been asked yet.

Many thanks for all the help you will contribute to the forum and me personally!

Arthur

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.