iTunes not Syncing disabled iPod

Reaction score
My iPod is disabled and it says "Connect to iTunes" So I updated iTunes and my dads MBP reads the ipod but it says this.

"iTunes could not connect to he ipod "Roland Phillip's iPod" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your pascode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes.

Now I'm stuck here, my ipod is disabled and when its connected to this MBP it won't sync because its locked and I can't unlock it because its disabled. So, am I being dense and missing something right on the screen, or is it something a little more then that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of iPod? Classic, iTouch, Mini, Nano, Shuffle, ?

One way to reset a passcode is to pull the battery, which may or may not be possible depending on the model. It's easy on a Mini or Classic, difficult to almost impossible with others.

Regards.

Moved to appropriate forum.

OP
Mercedes1787
Reaction score
Its a 3rd gen 32 gb iPod touch. Sorry about posting on the wrong section.

OP
Mercedes1787
Reaction score
I figured it out, I put my iPod in recovery mode then restored it and updated it and uploaded my ipod backup onto it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.