X11

L

Lonestar

I just bought a powerbook with Tiger. Everything is latest, all updates installed. When I try to install X11, I get an errror claiming that I can't install X to this system because there is newer software already installed. I checked for the normal dirs, but there is no X11 on my system. I tried running gimp, but it tells me I need X11. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Lonestar said:
I just bought a powerbook with Tiger. Everything is latest, all updates installed. When I try to install X11, I get an errror claiming that I can't install X to this system because there is newer software already installed. I checked for the normal dirs, but there is no X11 on my system. I tried running gimp, but it tells me I need X11. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

You have to install it from the Tiger DVD.

It's under the Optional Installs. You tell it which drive then a choice menu will come up, just check X11. If you have trouble finding it, i will look on my DVD for it. That X11 will install and work for you.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Lonestar said:
That did it. I appreciate the quick response.

Not a problem at all. Glad I could help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.