iphone4 mail problem

j_b

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4 and have set up 3 email accounts.
I receive mail for all of them and can "preview" the first two lines of the email as per my preference, however when I tap on the email for which I have just previewed I can not see the entire text. I could yesterday but not today.
I have deleted all the accounts and set them up again. It doesn't matter if there is an attachment or not, I can only see who the email is from and the date section....the email text does not appear beneath the date line.
Does anyone have this problem?

Reaction score
I have not encountered that problem, but what I do have is none of my gmail accounts or any other emails are being pushed/fetched to my iPhone 4. It sometimes takes up to 24 hours to get email sent to phone. I have to now check email from desktop this is a real pain. Wasn't the the iphone 4 suppose to have pushed email? I have deleted all my accounts and restarted and still nothing helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Push/fetch mail is the OS, not the iPhone 4 itself. If your e-mail service supports push then it will push, otherwise the phone will fetch. What do you have set for the fetch time period (how often will the phone try to fetch e-mail)?

Reaction score
Push/fetch mail is the OS, not the iPhone 4 itself. If your e-mail service supports push then it will push, otherwise the phone will fetch. What do you have set for the fetch time period (how often will the phone try to fetch e-mail)?

Here is what I have set in "Fetch New Data"
Push in "on" (New data will be pushed to your iPhone from the server)

Fetch (The schedule below is used when push is off or for applications which do not support push. For better battery life, fetch less frequently)

Set to "Every 15 Minutes"

Now am I correct in that the Fetch is only if gmail doesn't support push email?
I initially had it set to "Fetch Manually".

I have run out of things to try it doesn't work, everything I try is the same even if set at 15 minutes I still have to retrieve my email manually.
My kids have the 3Gs and they have NO problems with their email being pushed to their iPhones.

Maybe I should have stayed with the Blackberry which had outstanding email but everything else was outdated or the Samsung Captivate with its bad GPS at least my email was getting pushed.

I figured I would give the iPhone 4 a try looks like that was my mistake.

Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.