New MBP can't connect to internet....

Reaction score
Canceled my internet a while back and been tethering via my G1 phone fine, then I discovered I could get online connecting to an unlocked network in my neighborhood and thats been working fine for months and then as of cpl days ago i can't get online anymore. The network is still there, unlocked as always, signal strength seems to show ok, as always, yet I can't get online. Neither firefox or safari work. i went into the menu on top and tried messing with it as far as setting it to airport or ethernet (i never changed anything in there to begin with, ever) and still nothing.... shutdown and restarted numerous times...

Any suggestions???? TIA

ps, i can still tether but would like to do it the other way, b/c its faster and does not use up my data plan.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Canceled my internet a while back and been tethering via my G1 phone fine, then I discovered I could get online connecting to an unlocked network in my neighborhood and thats been working fine for months and then as of cpl days ago i can't get online anymore. The network is still there, unlocked as always, signal strength seems to show ok, as always, yet I can't get online. Neither firefox or safari work. i went into the menu on top and tried messing with it as far as setting it to airport or ethernet (i never changed anything in there to begin with, ever) and still nothing.... shutdown and restarted numerous times...

Any suggestions???? TIA

ps, i can still tether but would like to do it the other way, b/c its faster and does not use up my data plan.
Don't you think that it's kind of wrong to "LEECH" off of someones else's network that they're paying good money for!:(

Why would we help you to continue this unethical activity???:Confused:

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.