xCode 3.14 iPhone Development Problem

Reaction score
I am new to iPhone development. I am running OSX 10.5.8 and xCode 3.14. I signed up as an Apple developer, downloaded the iPhone SDK and xCode and installed everything properly (based on what I have read online). When I go up to

File->New Project to create my first iPhone project, there is no option for the iPhone templates. I am only seeing Mac OS X as the option, and obviously I do not have access to the Cocoa Touch Templates to develop my iPhone App.

I have no clue what is going on, can anyone please help me out?

I searched around forums and found nothing useful.

I am using an intel-based mac, i am 100% positive. its a macbook pro purchased in 2008

-----

i am seeing the following problem on an intel-based MAC:

Xcode doesn't show iphone project template applications - iPhone Dev SDK Forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The only version of Xcode 3.1.4 I found was under the Mac Dev center. That version does not seem to come with the iPhone SDK. I was unable to find a version of the SDK that runs under Leopard. So, which developer path did you download the SDK from?

I can see why you want the version you have, as that looks to be the last version that can run on OS X 10.5.

If you have a Macbook Pro, then yes, you have an Intel based Mac. The previous pro laptops were called Powerbooks and came with PPC chips.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.