Podcasting with multiple inputs??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
So...I'm going to be doing a regular podcast...there will be two or three people "live", using microphones being piped through a mixer, which will be fed into my MacBook.

Also -- there will be another person contributing long-distance.

How can I set up GarageBand to record both? I'd love to be able to record the input from the in-person people on a track and the long-distance person, most likely via Skype, also coming through my MacBook.

How can I set this up???

And if I want to add a phone to the mix so that all parties could communicate, how would I do that?? I have an audio converter so that I can plug the phone into a sound source, but I think it's only for listening, not talking...

BTW -- I'm not averse to using another program besides GarageBand if there's no way I can do this with GarageBand...I also have Pro Tools M-Powered Essential V. 8, so if it would make more sense to use that, that's cool...

Thoughts??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.