Xbox NAT through my Mac

Reaction score
i dont want to shell out $80 for a wireless thing for my xbox so im trying to make my NAT open on the 360 but ive tried everything to do so. Opening it for the mac's IP, the Xbox's IP... nothing works. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 5,5
You can try running the IP address of your Xbox 360 through the DMZ on your router if it supports it, which most routers do. That should do the trick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
look up the video on Youtube, Its basically using the mac as the wifi, and cat5e cable from mac to xbox (or other video game system) and just changing the IP address' No need to open/close the NAT controls.

Very simple and step by step.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 5,5
look up the video on Youtube, Its basically using the mac as the wifi, and cat5e cable from mac to xbox (or other video game system) and just changing the IP address' No need to open/close the NAT controls.

Very simple and step by step.

You'll find that sometimes you do need to open your NAT. Otherwise you'll be stuck on Moderate or Strict NAT types. It's happened to myself, but whenever you put the IP address through a DMZ that will open your NAT as that provides you a connection that is outside of your router's firewall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.