Macbook late 2006

Reaction score
I have a late 2006 macbook, the monitor has cracked along the right side of the screen towards the bottom near the keyboard. Wires are exposed and I've been able to use it up till a few days ago. The screen is black, i can see very faintly the background. But not enough to do anything. My main concern is all my pictures that are saved in iphoto. I have a Samsung with Windows 7. How do i get the macbook to work again...a external monitor? How do I get all my pictures off the mac and onto the samsung? Will i always need a mac to see my photos?
thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you wish to repair your MacBook? You can probably replace that display yourself for around $200 if nothing else is wrong and you do the work. Go here: www.ifixit.com

Otherwise, purchase an external SATA USB carrier, remove the hard drive from your MacBook and place it in the carrier. Then attach the carrier to your Windows machine. You'll need third party software to be able to read from the drive and remove your photos on to the Win machine. The best software to use is MacDrive 8.

And yes, once the photos are removed and copied to the Samsung you can view them with Windows 7.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.