Problem installing Bootcamp drivers for Windows 7!

Reaction score
Please can someone help I just received my custom configured 17" MacBook Pro yesterday and I'm currently trying to install Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit using Bootcamp, I've installed Windows 7 and I'm now trying to install the Bootcamp drivers but nothing is no longer happening the loading bar is just sitting there as in the picture?

4b91f8a6.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry for the poor quality I took it on my 3GS.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried reinstalling the Boot Camp drivers again? How about the other drivers, are they installing OK? If it continues to hang on the nVidia driver install, try starting Windows 7 in SAFE mode. (Hold down the F8 key before the splash screen appears.)

Once in SAFE mode, insert your Snow Leopard DVD and try again. Let us know if that works. If it doesn't, post back and we can try something else.

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi chscag thanks for your reply, I haven't tried reinstalling the BootCamp drivers because in the Boot Camp Installation & Setup Guide it says "Do not click the Cancel button in any of the installer dialogs." Also what other drivers are you referring to?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Snow Leopard DVD contains numerous drivers in order for your Mac to work properly in Win 7. Drivers for the Trackpad, Airport card, sound, keyboard, iSight Camera, and so forth. Are those installed OK?

Anyway, you don't have much choice at this point. Cancel out of the install and try again. If it hangs again, try the method I described in my previous reply. Let us know.

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok thanks chscag but I haven't been able to try any of the other drivers because nVidia was the first one, I'll go and try what you've suggested.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.