• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

London got bombed!!!!

I

iMe

http://news.com.com/At+least+45+die+in+London+blasts/2100-1033_3-5777675.html?tag=nefd.top

This is really sad news. Apparently, 4 bombs were blasted through the streets of London. The first one was on a double-decker bus. (I think....) I feel so bad for the 45 people who died in the blast.
Please post your thought here.

--------- Incoming Moderator Message --------------
Notice: This thread is only to be used to discuss the recent events that have transpired in the fair city if London. All other discussion that was previously posted here was moved to a thread named Terrorists strike again.
----------------------------------------------------------

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
London Mayer Ken Livingstone speaking to terrorists: "I know that you personally do not fear to give your own life in exchange to taking others ... but I know you do fear you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society ... whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail."

To all our UK members... Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
My dad is in his london office across the street from the aldgate station. They are currently in lockdown with all the blinds closed because of the body parts in the streets. Police have taken over the first floor of the office as a base

OP
S

shahid

iMe said:
http://news.com.com/At+least+45+die+in+London+blasts/2100-1033_3-5777675.html?tag=nefd.top

This is really sad news. Apparently, 4 bombs were blasted through the streets of London. The first one was on a double-decker bus. (I think....) I feel so bad for the 45 people who died in the blast.
Please post your thought here.

Yes, an absolutely appalling & cowardly act of terrorism. According to current reports here, 33 are confirmed dead at present.

My sister works for london transport police in london, i've called my brother in london who say's she's ok, but haven't spoken to her myself yet.

I was on my way back from birmingham this morning when i heard the news from other passengers on the train.

Al Qaeda have apparently claimed responsibilty, but the authorities cannot confirm this at the moment.
And they are being very careful about pointing the finger at any particular organisation or group, because they obviously need hard facts first.

But i just heard an 'unknown group' have also claimed responsibilty.
So who really knows at this stage?

All we can do at the moment is pray for those that have lost their lives and their families.

Shahid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
The death toll is somewhere around 35 at the moment I believe, it was 6 explosions in the London Underground and 1 on a bus. Everyone is acting surprisingly calmly about it and the emergency services couldn't have dealt with it better in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
I hope everyone on this forum, as well as their friends and family, are alright. I'm just glad a few of my mates that work at Moorgate and Russell Square missed the explosions by literally a couple of minutes. One was walking out of Russell Square and felt a rumbling, as well as another getting stuck over at King's Cross. I guess it won't be until tomorrow that I'll be able to get into town. Take care fellow Londoners.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Londoners are tough! If Hitler dropping bombs from planes 60 years ago couldn't stop them then these terrorists certainly wont.

Thoughts and prayers for all.

OP
B

badmojo

Despicable act of cowardice. My thoughts and prayers go out to all Londoners, especially to the families of the victims.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
edgefusion said:
The death toll is somewhere around 35 at the moment I believe, it was 6 explosions in the London Underground and 1 on a bus. Everyone is acting surprisingly calmly about it and the emergency services couldn't have dealt with it better in my opinion.

It was only 4 bombs, which has been confirmed. Three of them were on the Underground, and of those, two were between stations, so people were reporting explosions from both stations. The fourth was on a bus.

The only thing that I would suggest to all is not to speculate and/or accuse until all information has been revealed. Unfortunately, London is not new to terrorist attacks, but as you said, they are doing a fantastic job here dealing with it all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
My deapest condolences to all of the families of Londoners who lost their lives in this despicable act. Sadly, Europe has had to fight terrorists "at home" much more than us in the United States. From what I am reading, emergency workers are doing a fantastic job "picking up the pieces." Those are the real heros of modern times.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
My prayers go out to those families whom lost a special loved one.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The are no word, I can express on how feel about this act.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
that sucks....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
my thoughts and prayers to all those affected by this tragedy.

OP
T

Tel

I can tell you first hand, theres nothing like a crisis to bring Londoners together, I should know, I am one. The truth is, things like this actually bring londoners a lot closer, the WWII air raids are a prime example, after every bombing the whole comunity would come out into the street to help clearing up the mess even when they knew they'd be bombed again soon.

No doubt the police have been planning for this for a long while but as the others have said, they're doing an excellent job so far. Also another point to note is that there are police officers at every station on lines going into London (and possible everywhere else). I was on the C2C line that runs from Tower Hill to Southend and there were at least 5 police officers at every station wondering around, talking to a lot of people and generally making the place feel a lot safer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i feel bad for the people of london who had to experience that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Abdiel said:
Londoners are tough! If Hitler dropping bombs from planes 60 years ago couldn't stop them then these terrorists certainly wont.

Thoughts and prayers for all.
Yup! Those worthless terrorists can never accomplish what they think they want

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
--------- Incoming Moderator Message --------------
Notice: This thread is only to be used to discuss the recent events that have transpired in the fair city if London. All other discussion that was previously posted here was moved to a thread named Terrorists strike again.
----------------------------------------------------------

OP
T

tafika

Things like this make me so angry.
Especially when people I know are caught up in it.

One of my friend's brothers was in one of the trains (a carriage or two away from the explosion). He was hospitalised, but thankfully has escaped with no serious injuries.

Sad times, sad times indeed.

And it's not just the Londoners that have been effected.
It's everyone living in Britain.
May your thoughts go to all here in Britain, not just the Londoners. Please.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.