Can it be done? (new member post)

Reaction score
hello everyone. my name is ethan. i live in a small town called cabool in southern missouri. my apple experiences started when i got an ipod touch for christmas a few years back. i fell in love with it from the get-go. my next apple aquisition was a 2008 model macbook air that was given to me by my great aunt. she bought it six months prior to giving it to me and had never even taken outta the box. this is a piece of machinery that i take with me absolutely EVERYWHERE. i use it so much. (im playing music through it now as i type this at work lol) i use it to make all my FFA documents for school and use it when i DJ various school functions. i also have an iphone 1st gen. its the most reliable phone ive ever had. and except for the screen its the most durable.

i am an active musician with gobbs invested in musical equipment. i am currently working on aquiring the neccesary equipment for a home studio. so my first question on the forum is this:

if i upgraded to Logic studio, could i store all of its data on an external drive and run the application from an external drive?

C

chas_m

The Application should be run from the boot hard drive in the Applications folder for a variety of reasons. The data you create, OTOH can be stored anywhere you like.

When you say "small town" you are SERIOUS -- the 2000 census listed the population of that town as 2200! How many people in your class, like 12? :)

OP
knappster94gt
Reaction score
actually theres about 2800 now i think. theres 72 kids in my class. and were one of the big ones

OP
knappster94gt
Reaction score
but the reason i ask is because the hard drive on my air is only 80GB and Logic, with all the bells and whistles is like 95GB. i can store the application itself on the hard drive but can i put all the effects and loops on the external drive? and would i still be able to access them easily when i needed them?

C

chas_m

I can't answer that because I don't use Logic, so I don't know if an "alias" to the effects and loops would work or not, sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.