• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Motorola Droid 2 may suffer ironic signal problems [Electronista]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Motorola Droid 2 may suffer ironic signal problems | Electronista

Motorola may have been dealt an ironic blow this weekend as Droid 2 owners have been facing signal drop problems. Reports from readers and on Verizon's forums have surfaced of the signal varying wildly without much effort required. It's unclear whether the hold affects it, but some have noticed poor service in good areas as well as dropped 3G, calls and Wi-Fi.

The issue is inconsistent, as some don't see the issue at all, but is widespread enough that it's both common and independent of any particular region. Verizon hasn't commented on the issue to explain whether it can be resolved in software. Droid X owners so far haven't reported similar problems.
Hmmm.... where have we seen this problem before. Where oooooh where????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Hopefully it's the same as the iPhone issue. Which is to say, there would then be no issue because the hardware is sound and the user is at fault. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Not exactly sure why they made the droid 2, anyway. Same price as the droid x, but with lower specs...No thanks.

I can't help but wonder if it's a verizon issue, though. I've always had wonderful service with verizon, but it's actually been quite bad the last couple of weeks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
For all of the ballyhoo surrounding the Droid 2 / X release, I'm not impressed with either. The Droid 2 is a spruced up version of the original Moto Droid. The X should qualify as a tablet -- yes, it's that big.

I think I'll stick with my DInc. Good size, excellent screen and does the job without too much fuss. It will do until the iPhone arrives at VZW.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One of my favorite Droid/VZW features is the 1-year contract.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
well alot of companies dont advertise the 1 year or no commitment plans. But they are all available, if you purchase the phone outright (no commmitment/contract) or pay a higher subsidized cost for the 1yr over the lower priced 2 year. ETF's are still $350 (-$10 per month completed) on VZW and $325 (-$10 per month completed) on ATT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
For all of the ballyhoo surrounding the Droid 2 / X release, I'm not impressed with either. The Droid 2 is a spruced up version of the original Moto Droid. The X should qualify as a tablet -- yes, it's that big.

I think I'll stick with my DInc. Good size, excellent screen and does the job without too much fuss. It will do until the iPhone arrives at VZW.

I don't have Verizon I have too agree 100% the Droid Incredible is a sick phone
Perfect size,very fast..... I played with a X the other day and your right it's a tablet and it's thick. If they stick with phones similar in size to Incredible they could probably sell more, Carrying a brick around in your pocket will get uncomfortable after while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I carry a DX daily and it fits fine. Quite thin actually and very easy to type with. I'll qualify that by adding that I carry a S&W M642 in the other front pocket which also doesn't bother me. The point being that size/weight/bulk are relative to what you are use to I suppose.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Thanks a lot guys...made me google Droid X. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I understand that most people use the words irony or ironic wrong, but you'd think that a professional journalist would know better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.