Low Mic Volume

Reaction score
I have a Heil PR40 with Mackie ProFX8 preamp hooked up to my 13" MacBook Pro via USB. I'm using Garageband 5 to record and mix the voice over with FX and music.

I am having a problem getting the recording volume loud enough. Basically, I have everything I can think of turned all the way up and am only about half as loud as music and sound fx that I am mixing with my voice.

Details: Mic is in #2 with slider all the way up (10db). Gain set at 2 o'clock. All EQs set in middle. On Garageband, software volumes are set at 10db. Input is set correctly for USB mic. 1/2 Stereo vs Mono makes no difference. I just checked Audacity and it has the same problem.

I'm not sure what to do. Please help.
Thanks.

Ray

OP
R
Reaction score
(oops... I originally posted this in the hardware section. sorry)

I have a Heil PR40 with Mackie ProFX8 preamp hooked up to my 13" MacBook Pro via USB. I'm using Garageband 5 to record and mix the voice over with FX and music.

I am having a problem getting the recording volume loud enough. Basically, I have everything I can think of turned all the way up and am only about half as loud as music and sound fx that I am mixing with my voice.

Details: Mic is in #2 with slider all the way up (10db). Gain set at 2 o'clock. All EQs set in middle. On Garageband, software volumes are set at 10db. Input is set correctly for USB mic. 1/2 Stereo vs Mono makes no difference. I just checked Audacity and it has the same problem.

I'm not sure what to do. Please help.
Thanks.

Ray

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.