iTunes problem

M

Mac N00b

I have iTunes set on auto update for my iPod mini. Everytime it gets to song 70-80 out of 180 and it just stops. No error message or anything. Anyhelp is greatly appreciated. I am absolutely lost without my iPod.It is the Windows version of iTunes as I am on WinXP for now (getting an iBook within the summer). Is iTunes less buggy on its native operating system of OSX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'd try restoring the iPod.

Open iPod software updater and select the 'restore' option.
It will wipe EVERYTHING on your iPod, setting it back to factory condition.

Yes iTunes is less buggy in OS X, but I don't think it's so bad under XP either.

OP
M

Mac N00b

I have tryed restoring multiple times. I have also reinstalled iTunes twice. I figured out that my iPod seems to have issues with certain songs and it will sieze up when I try to put them on it.

OP
Y

yorg30

Hi! I deleted all my iTunes songs by mistake. I wonder, if I can trasfer all the songs from my iPod into my itunes (iBook G3) since I lost everything. I erased all files when I was downloading the Mac os x 10.4 Tiger.
Help! Please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
PodUtil on versiontracker will take all songs from your ipod and put it in your itunes library, it will even recreate the play lists.

OP
Y

yorg30

Thanks! I am sorry to bother with this, it may sound like a damb question, but I don't know exactly, what are you talking about. Where do I find: PodUtil on versiontracker
What is that?

OP
M

Mac N00b

Ok... I have tryed it again and it says that there is a timeout when trying to contact i/o device "IPOD". I think it may just be a scratch on the harddrive. Due to a series of events ,a few weeks before this whole business started, involving the clip that came with the iPod mini and a 10 foot fall onto concrete I am no longer covered by Apple or Best Buy:( . How much would it cost to get Apple to install a new hard drive.

About the whole falling thing... It somehow fell out of the clip while I was walking down some stairs outside a friend's apartment. I have treated it with utmost care since then.

Should I just dissect it and sell it on eBay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Have you checked with Apple? If it fell out of their clip, one could suppose that their supplied clip was faulty...

OP
I

iSeeKlearly

Mac N00b said:
About the whole falling thing... It somehow fell out of the clip while I was walking down some stairs outside a friend's apartment. I have treated it with utmost care since then.

Should I just dissect it and sell it on eBay?

Again, maybe the fall caused the hard-drive to get a scratch...

and yes I say sell it on eBay...people always buy useless junk....on eBay...most of the time... :headphone

OP
M

Mac N00b

HOLY CRAP! They are sending me a brand new one for FREE! :eek: I officially love Apple now... more than before

OP
T

Tel

Mac N00b said:
HOLY CRAP! They are sending me a brand new one for FREE! :eek: I officially love Apple now... more than before

Expect this level of treatment with Apple, they're a great company to do business with, as well as providing a wide range of excellent products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Tel said:
Expect this level of treatment with Apple, they're a great company to do business with, as well as providing a wide range of excellent products.

Something tells me Steve Jobs now owes Tel $5. :spook:

(or 2.843 Pounds.... according to my widget)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.