My MBP cuts into my wrists?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mid 2010, 2.4 gHZ processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
No laceration problems with my '07 MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
No marks on my wrists but my PC years have gave me thoughts of putting cuts on them.

Your arm position is probably too low. Ideally, your elbows should be elevated as you type. But I like using my MBP 13 while lying in bed too =)

Noj

Reaction score
No marks on my wrists but my PC years have gave me thoughts of putting cuts on them.

Your arm position is probably too low. Ideally, your elbows should be elevated as you type. But I like using my MBP 13 while lying in bed too =)

Ahh - but that would cause a strain, not a laceration ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Has anyone else had this problem?
Did at first, and was annoying me a bit, but I guess it made me improve my typing position, as it's not happening anymore :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
I can understand how this might happen, but yeah - watch your wrist position and try not to slide them over any sharp corners!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
As 6string said, I had this issue at first, but now I'm either used to it and don't notice or I've found a way sub-consiously to place my arms where it doesn't affect me now. I also have a Moshi Palm rest protector on it, but I doubt that makes it thick enough to get rid of the edge because as I push my finger against it, I can feel an edge, I'm just not sure if it's as sharp as before because I've had this guard on for a while and don't remember. I will find a link for you for the protector just so you know what I'm talking about. I don't necessarily suggest this for your issue, but it is nice to have.

Added: LINK

Reaction score
I have the same problem! I have last year's 17" MBP and I HATE the sharp edge on that aluminum. I used my MBP 95% of the time reclined in the bed with my forearms/wrists resting on that edge and it's awful. I keep searching for a solution and haven't found a good one yet. TwelveSouth makes the "SurfacePad" that's like a nice leather pad to go on the palm rest, but they don't make it for the 17" and I don't think it covers the edge anyway.

TUAW actually had a story on a guy (with a video) who took a metal file and filed off the sharp edge and made it nice and smooth. I haven't had the balls to do that yet, but I'm getting really close.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.