Recovering deleted files

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not expecting that i can be saved. But here it goes.

A few months back i deleted a video that me and some buddies made thinking that I would never need it again. Turns out now that it would be really good to have it. It was a movie capture through iMovie and was fully deleted. Any tricks/programs people know of that could help?

Thank you for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
When you delete a file OS X forgets where it is located on the HD, then when new data comes it will simply get overwritten.
If it would have been yesterday it may have been possible, if your really lucky you may get it back but its a very slim chance.

The one program that is supposed to be really good for this kind of thing is Data Rescue 3, use the free trial to see if you can recover it and then buy the license.
Download Data Rescue for Mac - Recover lost data on drives. MacUpdate Mac Software Downloads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Give it a try but a 'few months back' does not sound at all hopeful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.