• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's rumored iTV rebranding makes UK broadcaster 'furious'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Yes, I thought it might

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
OH, those silly gits at "ITV" ! They use an UPPER case I and Apple uses an lower case "i"... It's toooootally different ! ! !

iLulZ. Phew, seriously... I really would take issue with Apple if they tried to use "iTV" because we all know that they're the leaders of insane when it comes to their acronym naming schemes. I'm surprised that they haven't tried to sue NYC for using "The Big Apple" ! Or better yet, I'm surprised that they haven't tried to petition changing the name of the actual fruit! And did Apple get mother nature's permission to use one of her fruits as their company logo or names sake ? And since when was it legally proper to sue anyone whom used an lower case "i" in a product name ? iJustCantTakeItAnyMore!

They really should know better than this though, if it's even a consideration. And if it is, I hope that ITV makes sure they don't get away with it.

iJust Sayin....

Doug:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Apple has some great products, but the management is a really pompous bunch. Hope it costs 'em.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Apple has some great products, but the management is a really pompous bunch. Hope it costs 'em.

It won't. Steve Jobs is the master and negotiating and wining. ITV will walk away with a pocket full of cash and Apple will sell iTVs and make even more...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 Macbook Pro 13" 2.26Ghz C2D; 8Gb; 500Gb 7200; Nvidia 9400M, Apple TV 160 GB, iPod Nano, i
Whats the bet that there will be some deal between Apple's proposed iTV containing an ITV catchup application?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad

It won't. Steve Jobs is the master and negotiating and wining. ITV will walk away with a pocket full of cash and Apple will sell iTVs and make even more...

I don't know how he did it, but somehow Apple still managed to use the name "iPad" for their new tablet device despite the fact that Fujitsu already had a handheld point of sale device called the "iPAD" long before Apple's device ever hit the market.

Fujitsu iPAD rugged PDA for POS applications - iPAD

Obviously Steve lawyered up real good and they must have convinced some copyright judge that an iPAD and an iPad were two completely different things!

C

chas_m

Actually, my guess is that Apple will get away from the "i"Name convention with whatever the next AppleTV is called, so ITV (makers of MANY fine tv programmes over the decades) have little to worry about.

Reaction score
Is there really a conflict?

Do you think there really is a conflict here? I remember when apple began they had a similar problem with Apple records.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.